Monday, August 25, 2008

Bigelow Orange and Spice Herbal Tea

Today's tea is an herbal. It is late and I don't want caffeine. Don't get me wrong. I loves me some caffeine. I've just had a long day and feel like relaxing with a nice cup of no frills, tasty herbal tea. This tea is just that. It isn't going to break the bank, but it also isn't going to win any awards.

First I should start by mentioning that the oils from the tea had stained the bag and the package it came in a red color. For some I feel that may be a turnoff. I just made me say mmm there must be a lot of cinnamon.

The tea itself has a slight red tinge to it and tastes more like the spice than the orange. I've had orange spice teas that were all orange with no kick. This one seems to have taken the opposite approach. I could taste strong notes of cinnamon and a slight hint of something minty that really just cooled my throat more than it added flavor. All of these things are not negative judgments as much as they are observations about the character of the tea and the decisions made by the tea's creator. This tea, while not a typical orange spice flavor was good and refreshing in its own right. The hot spiciness of it mixed with the cooling effect on my throat had me relaxed and ready to turn in.

If you have a tea you would like reviewed feel free to send me a message containing the name and brand of tea. It would also help to hear where I might be able to purchase it.

No comments: