Saturday, August 23, 2008

Introduction to me.

I've always been fascinated by drinks that can tend to be a bit tannic. At first I was curious how anyone could taste such variety and flavor in things I tasted to be bitter and some times a bit burnt. Over time I've grown to appreciate the flavors of tea, coffee, wine and beer. Some I appreciate more than others. Dark beer tastes like eating burnt dandelions to me. All bitter and burnt. I like sweeter wines that do more than dry out my mouth. I love cooking, so I love flavor. Also, I love cooking with wine. Coffee is a toss up really. Some days I can't swallow a sip without gagging. Others I down it like a fiend. Obviously, given the fact this blog is to be about it, I really like tea. There are so many varieties of tea. Each has its own character. There are teas aromatic like fine perfume. There are teas with harsh earthy flavors and ones with notes of berries and blooms. In this blog I'll be trying to communicate my feelings about various teas I encounter. I have on hand a good variety of teas that I can review. I will then do something I have never done. I'll buy premium teas. That's right, I'm going to get the good stuff.

No comments: